2016 Honda CB500X
Expect the Unexpected. And Then Ride There.
Ever since its introduction, Honda’s CB500X has been a breakaway favorite with riders. That’s no surprise to anybody who’s ridden one: the CB500X is an adventure-style motorcycle that delivers comfort, versatility and a can-do attitude at a surprisingly affordable price. And to make a great choice even better, the 2016 CB500X features a bucketful of improvements this year.
You still get plenty of performance, and the capability to excel at everything from adventure rides to sport touring. The torquey 471cc parallel-twin DOHC engine delivers the broad-spectrum power that Honda twins are famous for, while the CB500X’s upright handlebar naturally accommodates a wide variety of riders. You can adjust the compact windscreen to varying heights (plus it’s 100mm taller this year), and the larger-capacity fuel tank is carefully shaped to give the rider an unrestricted riding position. New for 2016: A restyled LED headlight and taillight, a hinged fuel-tank filler cap, front suspension that’s now adjustable for spring preload, and a front-brake lever that’s adjustable too.
The CB500X is an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle. And the bike’s sharp, new styling this year makes a great choice even better!
Powerful, Dependable Twin-Cylinder Engine: Displacing 471ccs, liquid cooled and featuring parallel cylinders with dual overhead cams, the CB500X’s powerplant is very efficient, especially with its performance-maximizing electronic Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI). Naturally, it shares Honda’s reassuring reputation for reliability.
Ready For Adventure: The CB500X is designed to give you a great view of the road and plenty of room to shift your weight for control and maneuverability. Utilizing a classic upright riding position with a wide handlebar, taller seat and a tighter knees-in fuel tank design, you can maximize your feeling of oneness with the bike and the road.
Choose Your Accessories: With Honda Genuine Accessories, you can prepare yourself for whatever you might find down the road. Add hand guards, heated grips, lightbar, trunk, saddlebags and much more.
- DOHC Twin Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CB500X engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel-Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Lower Cowl: The CB500X is equipped with a lower cowl to help protect the exhaust pipe and engine from debris when riding on rough surfaces. Air intakes are incorporated into the design to provide effective cooling.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CB500X’s diamond-shaped steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for superior ride and handling.
- Long-Travel Front Suspension: The long stroke 41mm front fork yields a full 5.5 inches of travel, and a wide handlebar allows for easy steering inputs.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.7 inches of travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- 12-Spoke Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500X’s lightweight 12-spoke cast-aluminum wheels—120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear—are easy to keep clean, look great, enhance handling and are another CB500X feature that just makes sense.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
- Unique Style: Even sharper looking for 2016 with new two-piece sidecovers that complement the CB500X’s dynamic adventure-bike style. The CB500X has the posture of an adventure machine with a unique fuel tank design that offers the ability to freely move the body weight.
- LED Headlight: With a clean new look for 2016, the CB500X’s LED headlight and multi-facet reflector give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: An amber-tinted full LCD screen features digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Adjustable Windscreen: Another upgrade for 2016, the CB500X’s windscreen is 100mm taller this year for better wind protection, and is still adjustable so you can fine-tune your cockpit environment.
- Step Seat: The CB500X’s 32-inch seat height and unrestricted riding position offer freedom of movement for usage in both touring and commuting. You’ll find that it’s perfect for around-town riding and also offers plenty of room for a passenger.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single caliper 240 mm wave disc/
- Front Tire: 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17 radial
- Rake: 26.5 deg.
- Trail: 109 mm (4.29 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.9 in.
- Seat Height: 31.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 430 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Model Id: CB500X
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Matte Black Metallic
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 160/60-17 radial
- 55.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in.
- 26.5 deg.
- 109 mm (4.29 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 430 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Matte Black Metallic