2015 Honda CBR300R
Honda’s New CBR300R: Light, Nimble, Affordable.
Check out the new CBR300R—it’s got a wide powerband for plenty of power around town or on the freeway. The CBR300R is narrow, light and flickable, offering excellent fuel economy, a ton of fun and about as user-friendly as a bike can be.
And here’s one of the best parts: the new 2015 CBR300R is a huge bargain. Whether you’re after dependable weekday transportation or a weekend sport machine that’s fun to ride, the new 2015 CBR300R delivers—and then some!
Light. Narrow. Low: Because it’s a single-cylinder machine, the CBR300R is narrow, with a low 30.7-inch seat height and light 357-pound curb weight. Plus, we’ll be offering a Honda Genuine Accessory seat that lowers the seat height even further!
The Power of One: The CBR300R uses a single-cylinder engine with fuel injection, double-overhead cams and a counterbalancer. Sure that’s tech talk, but the architecture offers some very real advantages, perhaps the most important of which is power delivery: a single offers the kind of torque and midrange power that’s well suited for all levels of riders.
- Single-Cylinder Engine: A single is the perfect choice for a bike like the CBR300R. It's light, simple, returns excellent fuel economy and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque—just what you want in your first motorcycle, but geared for comfortable cruising at highway speeds.
- Counterbalance Shaft: Because it features a counterbalancer, the CBR300R engine is a smooth runner. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike.
- Fuel Injection: Fuel injection means the CBR300R starts right up, even in cold weather. Compared to a carbureted bike, it also helps reduce emissions and enhance performance and fuel economy.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR300R uses a single-shock preload-adjustable rear suspension that not only gives you a smooth ride but helps enhance handling as well, like some of our larger sport models.
- Disc Brakes: The CBR300R features a 296mm front and 220mm rear hydraulic disc for excellent stopping power and brake feel.
- Supersport Styling: The CBR300R features full-cowl Supersport styling and dual headlights, increasing aero efficiency and carrying the styling cues from our CBR-RR series.
- Analog/Digital Instrumentation: The CBR300R’s digital gauges with analog tachometer provide vital riding information in a styled, hi-tech instrumentation package featuring digital speedometer, fuel gauge, coolant temp, tripmeter/odometer and clock.
- Narrow Seat & Low Seat Height: A low 30.7-inch seat height does more than help make sure the CBR300R fits a wide range of riders. It makes it easier to put your feet down at stoplights and in parking lots—a big confidence builder. Plus, we’ll offer a Honda Genuine Accessory seat that’ll lower seat height even further!
- Under-Seat Storage: Removing the rear passenger seat provides a lockable area to throw a map, gloves or a spare set of sunglasses.
- Passenger Ready: A separate passenger seat, integrated grab rail and standard passenger footpegs mean you can take a friend along when you go riding—another example of the CBR300R's versatility.
- Engine Type: 286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76 mm x 63 mm
- Induction: PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Front Suspension: 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire: 110/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 140/70-17 radial
- Rake: 25.30 deg.
- Trail: 98 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 357 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 71 MPG
- Model Id: CBR300R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Red
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 286 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 63 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 110/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 140/70-17 radial
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.30 deg.
- 3.9 in. (98 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.4 gal.
- 71 MPG
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 357 lb.
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Black, Red