2014 Honda Interceptor DLX
Meet The New Interceptor.
Honda’s original Interceptor rocked the motorcycling world like no other machine except our own legendary CB750. And now the latest iteration is here: the new 2014 Interceptor. We’ve kept all the best parts, like the 782cc V-4 VTEC engine and given it plenty of updates, including new fuel-injection mapping for better low-end torque feel. The adjustable seat height, front-mount radiator, radial-mount front brakes, side-muffler, wheels and swingarm are all totally new. Best of all, there’s even a Deluxe model for 2014 with features like traction control, Anti-Lock Brakes, self-cancelling turn signals, a centerstand and heated grips.
- V-4 Engine: Drawing on 30 years of V-4 technology and racing success, Honda designers gave the Interceptor one of our most advanced streetbike engines ever: a fuel-injected, liquid-cooled 782cc V-4 brimming with low-end torque.
- VTEC Valve Train: Running on two valves per cylinder at low RPM and four valves per cylinder at higher engine speeds, the new Interceptor has tons of torque down low and plenty of horsepower up top—it’s like having two engines in one.
- Revised Fuel-Injection Settings: Along with the Interceptor’s revised VTEC engine settings, you get increased torque feel—exactly what you want in a V-4.
- New Muffler: Streamlined and compact, the new muffler offers a significant weight reduction from previous designs.
- Front-Mounted Radiator: By moving the radiators from the fairing sides to in front of the engine, we’ve slimmed down the bike’s middle cowl area, giving it a more sleek style and reducing the width by 1.5 inches.
- Twin-Spar Aluminum Chassis: The foundation for the Interceptor’s stellar, tack-sharp handling, the twin-spar all-aluminum design is light and strong.
- New Single-Sided Swingarm: Honda’s Pro Arm single-sided swingarm is a proven design, and the new Interceptor’s swingarm is lighter and mounts the chain and brake disc on one side for easier wheel servicing and tire changes. It looks better too!
- Radial-Mount Front Brakes: The Interceptor uses radial-mounted monobloc front-brake calipers. This construction makes the caliper stiffer, and that means you get better brake feel for more linear, powerful stopping.
- LED Headlight: Clear, crisp, compact and bright: the latest LED technology lets the Interceptor’s headlight and unique accent lights do more than just light up the night—it gives the bike a strong styling element. The tail light and turn signals are also brilliant, long-lasting LEDs.
- New Digital Instruments: The Interceptor’s instruments include a digital speedometer, analog tachometer, gear-position indicator, miles-per-gallon readout, ambient air temperature gauge and a clock.
- Adjustable Seat Height: Adjustable from 31.8 inches to 31.0 inches, the new Interceptor’s seat fits a wider variety of riders.
- LED Tail Light: Bright, clear and long-lasting, an LED tail light is the only way to go with a bike as modern as the new Interceptor.
- Self-Canceling Turn Signals: Smart bikes have smart features. The Interceptor is equipped with turn signals that automatically self-cancel after they detect that you’ve completed a turn or a lane change. (Deluxe Model).
- Anti-Lock Braking System: Unfamiliar roads, uneven road surfaces and compromised traction—Anti-Lock Brakes are a great complement to the Interceptor’s triple-disc-brake system (Deluxe Model).
- Grip Heater: Cold mornings and cold gloves? Just dial up the Interceptor’s grip heaters and your hands will be happy (Deluxe Model).
- Centerstand: Servicing your bike and parking it level—especially with saddlebags—is a snap with this great Interceptor feature (Deluxe Model).
- Traction Control: The new Interceptor benefits from Honda's Traction Control system. If the system believes wheel-spin is imminent, limits rear wheel slippage during hard acceleration or during acceleration on low traction surfaces. (Deluxe Model).
- Engine Type: 782cc liquid-cooled 90 deg. V-4
- Bore And Stroke: 72 mm x 48 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI Programmed automatic enrichment circuit, with 36mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 11.8:1
- Valve Train: VTEC DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #530 O-ring chain
- Front Suspension: 43 mm with spring-preload adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single spring-preload and rebound damping adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual full-floating 310 mm discs; ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 256mm disc; ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 25.5 deg.
- Trail: 95 mm (3.74 in.)
- Wheelbase: 57.4 in.
- Seat Height: 31.0 in. to 31.8 in.
- Curb Weight: 536 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.2 gal.
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red, Pearl White
- Model Id: VFR800FD
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- 90 deg. V-4, VTEC DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 782 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 48 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI Programmed automatic enrichment circuit, with 36mm throttle bodies
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm with spring-preload adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single spring-preload and rebound damping adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual full-floating 310 mm discs; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 256mm disc; ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 180/55ZR-17 radial
- 57.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.0 in. to 31.8 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 95 mm (3.74 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.2 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 536 lb.
- Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #530 O-ring chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Red, Pearl White
- One year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan