2014 Honda Grom
Honda’s 2014 Grom is a fresh, new way to add some fun, practicality, independence and style to your life. Fun: This new machine is a blast to ride, offering all the excitement of a full-sized motorcycle but in a package that just about anyone old enough to have a license can handle. Practical: The Grom's thrifty Honda engine means you can run it on pocket change, and you can park it just about anywhere too.
Independence: With your own wheels, you can bag the bus and forget about having to beg for rides from your friends or—shudder—your Mom. Stylish: Check out the Grom for yourself. And then think of it as a blank canvas, waiting for you to customize it.
The new Honda Grom. Big attitude. Ride one and see.
Honda Power: The key to a great motorcycle is starting with a great motor, and Honda makes the best. The new Grom features a low-maintenance, fuel-injected, single-cylinder engine. Electric starting makes it a snap to get going, and a standard motorcycle transmission gives you the control you want.
Big Features: The new Grom may be small, but when it comes to features it’s all Honda. The four-speed transmission works just like a full-sized bike’s so you get plenty of performance and control. Hydraulic disc brakes front and rear give you excellent stopping power.
Rider Friendly: The new Grom feels even lower than its 29.7-inch seat height, thanks to the bike’s light weight, low center of gravity, and narrow seat/tank junction. All that adds up to maximum fun.
- 125cc Fuel-Injected Engine: Nobody can match Honda’s reputation for engines, and even though the Grom may be compact, it’s a giant in terms of performance and reliability.
- Four-Speed Transmission: The Grom’s four-speed transmission gives you all the durability, control and efficiency of a conventional motorcycle.
- Fuel Capacity: Who says being practical can’t be fun? With its 1.45-gallon fuel tank you can venture far and economically too.
- Inverted Fork Suspension: Just like a top-of-the-line sportbike, the Grom features an inverted hydraulic fork front suspension for control and road feel.
- Single Rear Shock: You get a plush ride, even over choppy pavement thanks to the Grom’s single hydraulic rear shock.
- 12-inch 10-spoke Wheels: Tough and strong, these cast wheels and wide tires are just what the urban rider needs.
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes: The Grom features powerful (220mm front and 190mm rear) disc brakes for both front and rear stopping power.
- Stylized Bodywork: The Grom’s stylized bodywork makes a big statement and is sure to get attention wherever you ride.
- Low Seat Height: At just 29.7 inches the Grom makes it easy to flat-foot it in parking lots or at stop lights.
- Multi-Function Digital Instruments: Instrument display features speedometer, odometer, tachometer, A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, clock, and indicator for low/high beam.
- Combined Projector-Style Headlight: Practical and unique looking, the Grom’s combined projector-style headlight is a major styling element and also allows great visibility at night.
- LED Taillight: Forget about big, bulky taillights—the Grom’s LED lamp is bright and clear.
- 2-Up Capability: Want to share the fun with a friend? No problem—the Grom makes it easy to bring a passenger along.
- Engine Type: 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Ignition: Electric
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Four-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 31mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 220mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 190mm disc with hydraulic single piston caliper
- Front Tire: 120/70-12
- Rear Tire: 130/70-12
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 81mm (3.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 47.4 in.
- Seat Height: 29.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.45 gal.
- Curb Weight: 225 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride)
- Model Id: Grom 125
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Metallic Black, Pearl Red
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke; SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- 124.9 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.4 x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Front Suspension
- 31mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 220mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 190mm disc with hydraulic single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 47.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.7 in.
- 25 deg.
- 3.2 in. (81 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.45 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 225 lb.
- Final Drive
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Metallic Black, Pearl Red