2013 Honda Interstate ABS
Light Silver Metallic
It's OK to stare. We expect it.
Don’t say we didn’t warn you—one look and you won’t be able to tear your eyes off the gorgeous Interstate custom. Like its equally stunning Stateline stable mate, this 1312cc V-twin is the ultimate expression of progressive retro cruiser styling, with one big difference: It’s built to go the (long) distance, with touring features like floorboards, roomy leather-clad saddlebags, and a custom windscreen.
Sonic Vroom: With its potent 1312cc, 52º V-twin, the Interstate delivers strong low- and mid-range torque, ample passing power, and a pulsing exhaust note that is downright hypnotic.
Long-Range Luxury: No matter where, or how long, your ride takes you, the Interstate will get you there in style and comfort, thanks to spacious saddlebags, full-size floorboards and a large, custom windscreen.
Brake Time: The Interstate features front and rear disc brakes, and the option of Honda’s Anti-lock brake system. That makes for powerful, sure stops. Because you never know what the open road is going to throw at you.
- 1312cc V-twin Engine: Powerful 1312cc, 52-degree V-twin engine with a single-pin crankshaft and dual balancers has plenty of torque, and the feel only a V-twin can deliver.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Interstate's fuel-injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Shaft Final Drive: The shaft final drive is quiet, clean, and has been uniquely integrated into the overall design.
- Front and Rear Disc Brakes/ABS: Equipped with powerful disc brakes at both ends, the Interstate is also available with Honda's Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) as an option.
- Heel-Toe Shifter: A handy, and old-school cruiser-style, heel-toe shifter is paired with the floorboards to make shifting through the gears a simple toe or heel tap away.
- Full-Size Floorboards: A must-have for every long-distance cruiser: large, roomy floorboards, with vibration-absorbing rubber inserts, to keep your size-12 dogs relaxed all day long.
- Color-Matched Frame: The Interstate's color-matched frame really gives this bike a finishing, custom touch.
- Matte Black Fork Covers: Custom bikes can never have too much style, as the Interstate illustrates perfectly with its matte black fork covers.
- Windscreen: The stylish custom windscreen keeps wind and weather at bay, ensuring both rider and passenger cruise in ultimate touring comfort.
- Low-Slung Saddle: Measuring in at a low, easy-to-get-the-boots-down-when-stopping 26.8 inches, the Interstate's wide, cushy seat not only enhances the comfort level, but the styling as well.
- Hardcover Saddlebags: Roomy and built with stylish leather overlaying a protective hard case and cover, the Interstate's saddlebags are big enough to pack for a long trip—and durable enough to take it.
- Engine Type: 1312cc liquid-cooled 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 89.5mm x 104.3mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.0 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; 3.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper; ABS and CBS
- Rear Brake: 296mm disc with single-piston caliper; ABS and CBS
- Front Tire: 140/80-17
- Rear Tire: 170/80-15
- Rake: 33 deg. (Caster angle)
- Trail: 118.0mm (4.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 70.3 in.
- Seat Height: 26.8 in.
- Curb Weight: 728 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel - ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 46 MPG--Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model Id: VT1300CTA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current California air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Light Silver Metallic
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin; SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- 1312 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38mm throttle body
- Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork; 4.0 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 3.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper; ABS and CBS
- Rear Brakes
- 296mm disc with single-piston caliper; ABS and CBS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 70.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 26.8 in.
- 33 deg.
- 4.6 in. (118.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal.
- 46 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 728 lb.
- Final Drive
- Light Silver Metallic
- One Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.