2013 Honda CB500F
Mid-size Sport. Maximum Fun.
The innovative CB500F expands riding enthusiasts’ options with a modern and sporty 500cc sportbike. This image-conscious offering not only carries a full load of attitude, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility The CB500F has a classic riding position, a 30.9-inch seat height and plenty of room for a variety of riders. It’s an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle.
Parallel Twin-Cylinder Engine: An all-new design, built with a high performance liquid-cooled 500cc DOHC parallel twin engine that offers accessible power and a comfortable ride across all RPM ranges.
Classic Riding Position: Not too laid back, not too aggressive, the CB500F’s riding position, is one of the keys to its versatility. The CB500F offers a comfortable sport riding position that’s maneuverable around town or out on the winding road. The lower seat height also makes it easier to get your feet firmly on the ground when stopped.
Practicality Was Never So Much Fun: Its combination of low seat height, light weight, and rider-friendly engine make the CB500F a great choice for commuting, weekend rides, or just getting out and having fun.
Honda Genuine Accessories: The CB500F has a full line of available Honda Genuine Accessories including a rear carrier, under cowl, rear tire hugger, and carbon-look accents.
- DOHC Parallel-Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CB500F engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for a clean, functional design. The length and diameter of the exhaust pipe contributes to useable power at all RPM ranges.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle's frame is the basis for its handling. A new take on a classic construction, the CB500F's diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.1 inches travel, gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Disc Brakes: Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500F's cast aluminum wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another CB500F feature that just makes sense.
- Unique Style: Less is more when it comes to the new CB500F. Featuring classic, clean, progressive style, the CB500F is a motorcycle that looks great while still providing incredible value and performance.
- Halogen Headlight: A single 60-watt H4 halogen headlight and multi-facet reflector on the CB500F give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD blue-tinted screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Stepped Seat: The new CB500F offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or out in the canyons, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger, and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Rear Passenger Grips: Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
- Engine Type: 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg. (caster angle)
- Trail: 103mm (4.05 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gal. including 0.7 gal. reserve
- Curb Weight: 420 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride)
- Model Id: CB500F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Pearl White
- Engine Type
- Parallel-twin; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 500 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork; 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 25.5 deg. (caster angle)
- 103 mm (4.05 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.1 gal. including 0.7 gal. reserve
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 420 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Black, Pearl White