2013 Honda CB500F
- DOHC Parallel-Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CB500F engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for a clean, functional design. The length and diameter of the exhaust pipe contributes to useable power at all RPM ranges.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle's frame is the basis for its handling. A new take on a classic construction, the CB500F's diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.1 inches travel, gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Disc Brakes: Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500F's cast aluminum wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another CB500F feature that just makes sense.
- Unique Style: Less is more when it comes to the new CB500F. Featuring classic, clean, progressive style, the CB500F is a motorcycle that looks great while still providing incredible value and performance.
- Halogen Headlight: A single 60-watt H4 halogen headlight and multi-facet reflector on the CB500F give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD blue-tinted screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Stepped Seat: The new CB500F offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or out in the canyons, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger, and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Rear Passenger Grips: Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
- Engine Type: 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg. (caster angle)
- Trail: 103mm (4.05 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gal. including 0.7 gal. reserve
- Curb Weight: 420 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride)
- Model Id: CB500F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Pearl White
- Engine Type
- Parallel-twin; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 500 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork; 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 25.5 deg. (caster angle)
- 103 mm (4.05 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.1 gal. including 0.7 gal. reserve
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 420 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Black, Pearl White