2012 Honda XR650L
- Electric Starter: Turn the key and push the button—that's all it takes to get your XR650L going. The electric starter takes all the drama out of restarting off road, or getting underway on a cold morning or after the bike's been sitting all week.
- Street-Legal Features: The XR650L is fully equipped for the street: Horn, turn blinkers, license-plate light, mirrors, speedometer and more. There's even a grab strap and foot pegs for a passenger.
- Dry-Sump Lubrication: Dry-sump design keeps the engine compact and eliminates the oil pan for superior ground clearance and damage resistance. With the engine oil in the frame, the frame itself acts like a giant oil cooler.
- Disc Brakes: Disc brakes front and rear provide superior stopping power. Both front and rear disc rotors are drilled for lightness and better wet-weather performance.
- Four-Stroke Engine: Four-stroke single-cylinder engine offers good fuel economy and a wide powerband. The XR650L's proven powerplant requires very little maintenance.
- Steel Frame: The XR650L's steel frame is built to handle the rigors of off-road travel. In addition, the frame's backbone doubles as the engine's oil tank, saving weight and space.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: Honda's Pro-Link rear suspension system offers compliant and comfortable ride quality with a high level of wheel control. Initial rates are soft for supple action over small bumps and ripples, while increasingly stiffer rates resist bottoming and maintain rear-wheel control over rougher surfaces.
- Engine Type: 644cc air-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 100.0mm x 82.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four-valve RFVC
- Induction: 42.5mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor
- Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/45T
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 43mm air-adjustable leading-axle Showa cartridge fork with 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 11.6-in. of travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-link Showa® single-shock with spring-preload, 20-position compression- and 20-position rebound-damping adjustability; 11.0-in. travel
- Front Brake: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single disc
- Front Tire: 3.00-21
- Rear Tire: 4.60-18
- Rake: 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 102.0mm (4.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 57.3 in.
- Seat Height: 37.0 in.
- Curb Weight: 346 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.8 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Available Colors: Red
- Model Id: XR650L
- Emissions: Meets current CARB and EPA standards. California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke SOHC
- 644 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 100.0mm x 82.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 42.5mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor
- Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 43mm air-adjustable leading-axle Showa cartridge fork with 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 11.6-in. of travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-link Showa® single-shock with spring-preload, 20-position compression- and 20-position rebound-damping adjustability; 11.0-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 57.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.0 in.
- 27.0 degrees
- 102.0mm (4.0 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.8 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 346 lb.
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/45T
- Transferable, unlimited mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan