2012 Honda Ruckus
There's Nothing Like It
One thing is sure about the Ruckus: wherever it goes, it causes a scene. That’s because the design is so unique, with wide tires, a bare-bones frame and double headlamps. Underneath it all lies a thrifty 49cc engine that gets you wherever you need to go, without guzzling gas. A V-matic® automatic transmission offers seamless power in and out of traffic. And an electric starter gives you faster get-up-and-go. Add in our legendary reliability, and the Honda Ruckus is as dependable as it is fun.
Stripped-down: You can't judge a Ruckus by its cover. That's because it doesn't have one. Instead, we gave the Ruckus a minimalist design for that urban-warrior look.
Packs a punch: Thanks to a liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 49cc engine, the Ruckus gives you all the power you need for local trips or city riding.
Get around on a little gas: We're not kidding. With the Ruckus, you'll spend less time filling up and more riding around town.
- Liquid-Cooled Engine: The Ruckus' liquid-cooled engine offers exactly what you'd expect from a Honda: Power, reliability, and great fuel economy.
- Automatic Transmission: Our V-Matic automatic transmission means you'll never worry about using a clutch or shifting gears - not even into park or neutral.
- Make Your Own Style: What you see is what you get. With its minimal bodywork and rugged overall style, nothing on two wheels or four looks like a Ruckus.
- Electric Start: Turn the key, press the button, and go. Getting started on the Ruckus is that simple. An automatic choke makes getting started in cold weather a snap, too.
- Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- Front Suspension: Twin-downtube fork; 2.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; 2.6 in. travel
- Front Brake: Drum
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tire: 120/90-10
- Rear Tire: 130/90-10
- Wheelbase: 49.8 in.
- Seat Height: 29.0 in.
- Curb Weight: 194 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 114 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Emissions: Meets Current CARB and EPA standards.
- Available Colors: White/Red, Black
- Model Id: NPS50
- Duration: One year
- Description: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type: 49 cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Induction: 15 mm CV carburetor with automatic choke
- Ignition: CD
- Bore And Stroke: 37.8 mm x 44 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.9:1
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- 49 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 37.8 mm x 44 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 15 mm CV carburetor with automatic choke
- Front Suspension
- Twin-downtube fork; 2.2 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 2.6 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Rear Tire
- Curb Weight
- 194 lb.
- Seat Height
- 29.0 in.
- 49.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 gal.
- Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- White/Red, Black
- One year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.